NaNoWriMo

For those of you who know me well, this is a brief explaination as to why I'm going to be mostly MIA for the next month. 

I am a NaNoWriMo participant.  For those who are unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writing Month, which is the month of November.  Basically the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  Along with the all of the other things going on in this month, I am adding this to my plate.  Test my stamina.  Push my limits.  And probably drive myself crazy in the process.

If you want to check it out for yourself, you can visit: http://www.nanowrimo.org.

There are forums, support groups, contests, etc. in addition to getting to know those in your area with similar interests, there are opportunities to meet with these other aspiring authors and have writing sessions with these people.  Each participant gets a profile where you can follow other and they can follow you.  The site tracks your word count and your projected progress.

Well, good luck to all participants.  May we all reach our goals, whatever they may be.


No comments: